Thursday, August 4

Cars Racing Shorts

For our second day at Disneyland I made Taylor a pair of Cars shorts. I love everything about these shorts!! I followed another one of Dana's tutorials at Made for the Retro Racer Shorts and as always it was super easy to follow. She makes me feel like I am so much more talented then I am with a sewing machine because her tutorials are so well written and photographed.
 I used a super comfy Cars material that I picked up at Joann's for $6 (this made Taylor's shorts and Scarlett's dress) and used red bias tape (that I picked up at a thrift store for $.19) because I wanted it to really stand out. Three bucks for a super awesome pair of shorts is what I'm talking about! I want to make Taylor a pair of these shorts for every day of the year because I LOVE the way they look on him. I love that they are sporty, comfy and are a slim fit. It seems like most athletic type shorts are GIANT on my little guy so I love things with a slimmer fit.
These are the first piece of clothing that I have put on him that he didn't want me to take off, that makes momma feel good.
 They were great for an action packed day of running around and playing.
Linking up to:
Somewhat Simple

HookingupwithHoH
36th Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...