Monday, August 8

Cars Dress

For Scarlett, I made a Cars dress to go along with her brothers Cars shorts. I had seen this tutorial and thought the little dresses looked so sweet. I did run into some trouble with this tutorial though and thought I would share so if you decide to make it then hopefully you wont run into the same problem. I'm not a seasoned seamstress and have only very recently started making clothes so the tutorial was a bit harder for me to follow then some which wasn't a big deal but I found it helpful to read through it a few times before I started cutting anything. The main thing I had to change was the size. I cut everything for the 3T dress and found that once I finished it, it was incredibly wide on Scarlett. I ended up bringing it in a few inches on each side which still left it loose and comfortable for her but had a little structure to it. I love the way it looks now that it is done and will make this dress again but with a few tweaks. 
 I used the same Cars print I used for Taylor's shorts and made the top plain black with black ribbon ties.
 Every time it's clean she asks to wear it, my little Cars lover.
And I just love seeing my kids in matching outfits!
Linking up to:

Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party


2 comments:

  1. I love your Cars dress! I have a 2 year old who is obsesssed with Cars and I have been making her Cars clothing (since there is NONE for girls in the stores). Great to see others' ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your car dress! This is super cute! I am a new follower and would love for you to link up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/14/blog-party-3/

    I look forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...