Wednesday, February 1

How Pinterest saved my cooking

We have always cooked a lot around here but lets face it, things were getting boring around here and I take full blame for that cause my husband is an AMAZING cook. I was stuck in a rut, making the same few things over and over and some of them weren't even that great. I'm not a natural cook, I'm terrible at just winging it and I've been known to screw up a recipe or two, bad. When I first joined the Pinterest community I was mostly interested in DIY and craft stuff but then I started noticing healthy recipes floating around and was interested in trying some out. I started giving them a try and got excited about cooking again. I was compiling entire shopping lists on ingredients needed for Pinterest recipes. I was putting together things I NEVER would have thought of on my own. My hubby got excited about the new things we were trying and the kids started eating things I never thought they would like. I would say 5 nights of the week are Pinterest recipe nights now and I really look forward to trying new things. I have added new gadgets to my cookware so I can try new techniques and the food is tasting good! I love knowing what is going into our meals and being in control of what my family is eating. I thought I would share some of our favorite recipes that I picked up from Pinterest so you can try them too and you can always follow me on Pinterest to see what I've been pinning.
Pinned Image

We had this just yesterday for breakfast and my kids devoured every last bite of it. It was a nice twist on oatmeal.


My hubby does not like soup. He LOVED this recipe! This was hands down the best soup I have ever had, I called my family members the next morning and told them they had to make it.

This was a tasty twist on your traditional pizza and it even tasted good cold the next day.

Avocado-Spinach-Egg-Salad-1a.jpg
The kids loved this, I loved this and James said it was the best post workout meal. This will be a regular on our lunch menu.

Cumin Lime Chickpeas
Oh boy this recipe gave us stinky breath from all the delicious onions and garlic and it was totally worth it.

There you have it and I will continue to share when I come across something epic.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! What did we do before Pinterest?! And that lasagna soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me hungry!! Best month of cooking!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...