Wednesday, September 21

Tutu Table

I came across this adorable table on Pinterest and knew I wanted to make one for Scarlett's room.



I took the original idea and made the colors work for Scarlett's room. I just love the way it turned out and so does Scarlett. She was ready to jump out of her skin watching me make it and couldn't wait to put it in her room.
I had an old round table in our room that I used that didn't really match the style in there so it was perfect for this transformation. 
I painted the top white while the kids were napping then waited for it to dry.
 While the paint was drying I sewed a skirt from some pink and white striped fabric that I had on hand. Then I glued it to the underside of the tabletop, leaving room for my tulle layer which came next.
 I gathered the top of my sparkly pink tulle so that it fit around the underside of the tabletop and then glued it in place. I had to be extra careful using the hot glue gun with the tulle since it is full of holes, I only burned myself a few times. Once that was all finished I flipped it over and glued on the zebra ribbon trim and tied a big bow to top it off.
 With it all finished Scarlett and I walked it to her room and placed it right next to her bed. It matched the boarder and her bed just perfectly and gives her a place to hold some of her favorite books to look at before bed time.
 My proud girl with her new table. Their excitement sure makes it fun to make them things.
Linking up to:



NightOwlCrafting











1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous and so whimsical. Love your blog and ideas. We have a lot in common. I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...