Tuesday, February 15

Ladybug, Ladybug

The weather around here has been a little confused recently and was starting to act like spring for a little bit, so we have been spending a lot of time outside. I have been taking the kids out back to have snacks in the afternoon and we found a ladybug the other day. I never thought something so tiny would amuse my kids for so long, we ended up "playing" with the lady but for about an hour.
 Scarlett was shockingly gentle with it, letting in crawl along her hands and in her hair. She talked to it and told it about her lunch.
 I placed it on their toes and they both laughed from it tickling their feet. Then when we were ready to go in Scarlett tossed Miss Ladybug back in the garden. We have been seeing more and more of them when we go outside and I'm glad to see Scarlett treat them gently, I want them to stick around in case I get aphids in my garden again this year.

Next we will have to do some digging to find us an earthworm to check out!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic with the ladybug on her toes!! Worms are the big obsession in our house these days, Brianna loves to wash them and feed them grass and carry them around, really funny actually and very time consuming-basically the best activity ever!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...