Wednesday, February 23

Going Bananas!!

 Whenever we shop at Fresh & Easy I always take time to stop at the section of the store where they have the discounted food. My favorite find is when they have organic bananas on special. We try to eat organic as often as possible and finds like this really help out. There are usually several bags because they look like this and I snatch them all up.
 Yesterday I was able to pick up 4 bags and at $.49 a bag I got about 20 bananas for $2, that's my kind of savings!
 I then bring them home, peel them all and toss out any super nasty sections out.
Then they all go in freezer bags and into the freezer for future smoothies, breads, pancakes and muffins. What looks like inedible food to some, is a gem to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...