Wednesday, February 9

Colorful Oven Knobs

When we moved into our home, one of the first things we did was paint all the walls. Now that we are settled in I'm adding color to pretty much anything else you can paint. This week I ran to Home Depot, which happens to be one of my favorite stores, and picked up some spray paint for a project I have been wanting to do for a while now. I got this idea from a lovey family friend who has a knack for adding creative touches to everything.
 Our oven is all white and was begging for a punch of color. 
 So I pulled off the knobs.....
 stuck tooth picks in a cardboard box and placed the knobs on top of the toothpicks.
 I then took my spray paint and painted them all glossy colonial red. How great is it that you can get spray paint in just about any color now? I made sure to stand back about a foot, so that they paint wouldn't go on too thick and run, then slowly coated the knobs until they were evenly covered.
 Once they were dry, I popped them back on the oven and now I have an oven with flair, I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Great!! I want t o do the same but with the knobs of a stove countertop. I am worried that the heat will be a problem. Is this paint specially for this kind of hot surfaces? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...