Monday, January 9

Grandparents pillow

Thought I would share another one of our homemade Christmas gifts the kids and I put together. This one was for my mother in law and father in law and I love anything I can do to incorporate the kids into projects. I took a plain off-white piece of material and cut it into the shape I wanted our pillow to be. Then I traced the kids hands onto the pillow, they loved that part. Once I was finished with their hands I waited until nap time and got to painting. I painted the hands to look like they were stitched on and the rest of it in solid writing with fabric paint. I waited for it to dry overnight then sewed the pillow together, stuffing it full of batting and we had ourselves a pillow.
 I chose a gardening fabric for the back since my mother in law loves to garden.
 Once again my wonderful husband remembered to snap a pic of his mom opening their gift, such a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...