Friday, June 10

Flannel Shirt Baby Blanket

As I was catching up on one of my favorite blogs I came across this baby blanket and instantly fell in love. I have a friend who is due to have her first baby any day now and knew I had to make her a flannel shirt baby blanket. It is so incredibly soft and the flannel is so easy to work with, plus you get to re purpose something and that is always a thumbs up around here.
I went to our local Goodwill and picked up 2 flannel shirts, and used some soft black fleece I picked up at Joann's. I used as much of the shirts as I possibly could, cutting them into square blocks. I also wanted to personalize it so I cut out some blocks of muslin to freezer paper stencil on.
 If you have never heard of freezer paper stenciling, it is the poor mans silk screening and there is a really great tutorial here. I must warn you that it is totally addicting.

I did the blanket in a little cowboy theme and stenciled on some of the basic cowboy necessities. My favorite is definitely the little boy on the stick horse.
I hope little Phillip enjoys his blanket and that it keeps him warm and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...