Monday, May 16

Ten minute tablecloth

Last week I had planned a lunch at our house for my mom, her best bud and my best bud (who just so happens to be the daughter of my moms bff). They have all been to the house several times, so to spruce it up a little and make it feel like they were having a fancy lunch I wanted to set the table as nice as possible. I didn't have a tablecloth so I went out to my fabric stash to see what I had that would work. I ended up finding a white eyelet fabric that was almost the exact size of my table top. I used a plate as a templet to cut out rounded corners, serged the edges with white thread and in ten minutes I had myself a tablecloth. Now I want to go out and get some different festive fabrics and make one for every holiday and occasion.
 Once the tablecloth was in place, I added our "fancy" plates, wine glasses and flowers (from my wonderful hubby for Mothers Day), set Pandora to a big band station and welcomed our company in.
 We had grown up grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, which are such a good time, sparkling pink lemonaid and apple cake for dessert.
 Amazingly the kids fell asleep at the same time that day and both slept for 3 hours!! We were able to eat lunch and chat uninterrupted and it felt like a girls day out even though it took place right in the comfort of home. We spent the rest of our day doing what we love best, bargin hunting! We hit up a big antique sale and the Goodwill and all found treasures of our own.
 I got this cute little sign to hang up in my laundry room aka my garage, to bring a little cuteness to it.
I also found this food net which I fell in love with because of it's added bling around the edges.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...