Friday, April 13

Tile Makeover

I have never liked the tile by our front door and around the fireplace. It's hard to tell in this picture but they are a horrible salmony color and clashed with all the colors of our house. We talk about replacing all the flooring with wood floors some day but let's be honest, that's not happening any time soon. Since I didn't want to look at the tile anymore I decided to look for an inexpensive solution to my problem. I checked out the laminate tile at Home Depot and went with a dark pattern that had our homes colors mixed in it. At $.99 each and the areas being so small the whole project cost about $25 and I'm so much happier with the way it looks! 
Entryway Before
Entryway After
Fireplace Before (well kind of, I started before remembering to take a before picture)
Fireplace After


The laminate tiles are so easy to apply and since they are so inexpensive I wont feel bad tearing them out some day when I finally get wood floors, hehe! Now onto my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...