Tuesday, June 28

Homemade Baby Wipes

I had thought about making my own baby wipes a while back but never got around to it, then totally forgot about it. Well, thanks to my own forgetfulness, I ran out of wipes and instead of running to the store I decided to try and make my own. (Sorry the pictures really suck)
 I used paper towels we had on hand and they are working out just fine but I will pick up a higher quality paper towel next time I make a batch. You can also make these with all organic ingredients.

If you want to make your own, all you need are:
♥ A roll of good quality paper towels
♥ Baby body wash
♥ Baby oil or olive oil
♥ Water
 I started out cutting my roll of towels in half with a bread knife. Then, because I wanted to use my regular baby wipe cases, I removed the cardboard center and cut them into three sections to fit back in my boxes. I have also seen it done where you cut your roll in half and place one half in a round plastic container with a lid, then you remove the cardboard center and pull the towels out one at a time from the center of the roll.
Once your paper towels are ready it's time to make up your liquid. Take a large bowl and combine 2 cups of warm water, 2 tablespoons baby wash and 1 tablespoon baby oil. Mix it all up and pour evenly over the top of your towels. Let them sit until all the towels have absorbed the liquid, turning your container over if necessary. At this point they are ready to use.

Here are my findings:
♥ The roll of paper towels I used was a little small for this amount of liquid so I just added more towels.
♥ They smell wonderful
♥ I will tweak how I cut them to better fit my containers next time
♥ It was really fast to do (like 10 minutes total) and worth the time

So whether you are looking to save a few bucks, want to control what touches your child's skin, or just find yourself in a bind, it's a great recipe to have on hand.

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...